Dr. Sowmya Krishnapur
Dr. Sowmya Krishnapur has been learning and teaching Sanskrit since more than 20 years. She had her basic training in Sanskrit at the Geetha Govinda Samskrita Sangha, Bangalore, under the guidance of Maataa Vid. Ananthalakshmi Natarajan and Sri Venkatasubramanian. She learnt the Siddhanta Kaumudi from her guru, Vid. Smt. Vijayalakshmi M at Bangalore. She later completed her Acharya (Vyakarana) from the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, Sringeri, learning from scholars like Dr. Chandrashekhar Bhat, Dr. Narasimha Murthy and Dr. Krishnananta Padmanabha. Sowmya has obtained her Ph.D. (with SRF) in the area of Vyakarana under the guidance of Dr. P Narasimhan (Department of Sanskrit, University of Madras). Sowmya has also learnt the Paushpi prakriyaa under Dr. Pushpa Dikshit.
Sowmya has been teaching Samskrita at various levels since nearly twenty years. As part of the Geetha Govinda Samskrita Sangha, Bangalore, she has trained children for various simple Sanskrit exams of Surasaraswati Sabha and Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan. She has taught Vyakarana for eight years at the post-graduate level as part of teaching assistance during her Ph.D. programme. She has been teaching through vyoma-saṃskṛta-pāṭhaśālā for more than ten years, and conducted more than 20 popular courses through this portal.
Sowmya is currently the head of E-learning division at Vyoma Linguistic Labs Foundation. She has been a part of the organisation since its inception, and has contributed to the development of several multimedia tools for Sanskrit learning produced by the organisation.
She has presented research papers in various National and International conferences, and her articles have been published in several journals of repute.
Here is her complete Profile-
Title of the thesis: Prayāgaveṅkaṭādribhaṭṭaviracitaṃ vidvanmukhabhūṣaṇam – saṃśodhanamadhyayanañca
Acharya [MA] / Vyakarana (2010), MSc / Biochemistry (2008), BSc / Microbiology (2006)
‘Samskrita Sahitya’, Government of Karnataka . ‘Vidyabhushana’ Samskrita Bhaasha Prachaarini Sabha, Chittoor 
- Outstanding Paper award from Foundation For Indian Civilisation Studies and Infinity Foundation for a paper presented in the Swadeshi Indology Conference 2 in Delhi 
- Gold medal from Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi for securing highest marks in Vyakarana Shastra in Acharya examination across all campuses of the Sansthan 
- Sri Bharathi Teertha Gold Medal from Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, Rajiv Gandhi Campus (Sringeri) for securing the highest marks in Vyakarana Shastra in Acharya Examination 
- First Prize at the National Level śalākā competition conducted by the MHRD, Government of India 
- Gold Medal for securing the highest marks in Sanskrit at the BSc level, awarded by the Bangalore University 
- Ten years’ experience [2010 – 2020] in teaching Vyakarana online through the portal www.sanskritfromhome.in, including courses for MA (Sanskrit Grammar) as per the syllabus of KSOU, Acharya (Vyakarana) of Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth, Tirupati, Acharyasetu (Mukta Swadhyaya Peetham) etc.
- Designed, created multimedia learning resources and delivered lectures for several courses in the portal including courses of Vibhaktis, Kṛdantas, Derivation of Tiṅantas.
- Six years’ experience [2013 – 17, 2019-20] in teaching students at the MA level as part of teaching assistance and contract lecturership in University of Madras
- Over ten years’ experience [2001 – 2011] in training students for various Sanskrit examinations at the Geetha Govinda Samskrita Sangha, Bangalore
- ‘Interesting Features of Taddhitas’ – Invited Lecture at the Samskrita Academy, Madras, on occasion of Panini Day [June 2018]
- ‘Sheldon Pollockena pratipāditasya vyākaraṇaśāstra-prabhutvayoḥ sambandhasya yukti-yuktatva-parīkṣā’ in the Swadeshi Indology Conference 2 held at New Delhi [Feb 2017]
- ‘Nityasamāsavicāraḥ’ – Invited paper presented at the National Seminar on Vṛttivicāra, organised by the Rajiv Gandhi Campus of Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, Sringeri [Jan 2017]
- ‘Vidvanmukhabhusana – a unique work on the Mahabhasya’ at the 16th World Sanskrit Conference, Bangkok [June 2015]
- ‘Pancatantra-hitopadeshayoh prayuktaah vaco-vicchittayah’ (Idioms in the Pancatantra and Hitopadesha) in the 3-day National Workshop on Vacovicchittis in Sanskrit Literature, organized jointly by Karnataka Samskrit University and Research Department, Samskrita Bharati, in Bangalore [Jan 2014]
- ‘Need of Sanskrit Grammar for better appreciation of Yoga literature: A linguistic perspective’ – in a one-day seminar organized by the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram, Chennai [August 2013]
- ‘Digital Tools for Sanskrit Learning for children’ with Dr. M Jayaraman at a National Seminar for Children organised by Sri Aurobindo Foundation for Indian Culture and the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan in Pondicherry [April 2013]
- Two papers on ‘Samskrtashodhakarye Sanganakasya upayogah’ (Use of computers in Sanskrit Research) in a two-day workshop on Research Methodology organized by Veda Vijnana Gurukulam, Bangalore [March 2013]
- ‘On grammar and Royal Power’, Śāstra-s through the lens of Western Indology – A Response, Proceedings of Swadeshi Indology Conference Series, Editor Dr. K.S.Kannan, Infinity Foundation India, 2018 [ISBN 978-81-934486-2-5], pp 23-45
- ‘नित्यसमासविचारः’, Vṛttivicāraḥ, Proceedings of the National Seminar, Editor Dr. Chandrashekhara Bhat, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, Sringeri, 2017 [ISBN: 978-81-935034-4-7], Pp 142-155
- ‘The Vidvanmukhabhūṣaṇa: A Unique Work on mahābhāṣya’, vyākaraṇaparipṛcchā, Proceedings of Vyākaraṇa Section of 16th World Sanskrit Conference, Editors George Cardona & Hideyo Ogawa, DK Publishers, 2016 [ISBN: 978-81-932319-5-1, 2016], Pp 195-207
- ‘विद्वन्मुखभूषणम् – महाभाष्यसम्बद्धः अपूिवः ग्रन्थः’ – Shrutishobha, Annual Research journal of Veda Vijnana Shodha Samsthanam, Bengaluru, Vol.2, Issue 2, April 2015 [ISSN: 2348-1102]. Pp 177-185 5.
- ‘A critical review of the term Upasarjana and its usage in Paninian grammar’ – Vedic Venues, Vol. 3, 2015 [ISSN:2321-9491]. Pp 69-83. International, Peer-reviewed Journal.
- ‘संस्कृतासक्तानाम् उपयाोगाय जालस्थानानि’ – Sambhashana Sandesha, Samskrit monthly, March 2015 [ISSN: 2269-6440]. Pp 6-8.
- ‘पञ्चतन्त्र-हिताोपदोशयाोः प्रयुक्तानां वाचाोविच्छित्तीनामध्ययनम्’ – Karnatakasamskrtadhyayanam, A half-yearly journal of the Karnataka Sanskrit University, vol. 2, No. 2: Vol.3, No. 1, July 2012-June 2013, [ISSN: 2249-1104], Pp 85-112. Peer-reviewed Journal.
- ‘Need of Sanskrit knowledge for better appreciation of Yoga literature’ in Collected Papers on Yoga and Sanskrit, Proceedings of a KYM seminar, Ed. Dr.M.Jayaraman, Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram, Feb 2014 [ISBN: 978-81-87847-34-2], pps 35-50